Belacan Grill Tustin
17460 17th St
Tustin, CA 92780
After having been introduced to their Redondo Beach (no longer open) location and liking it, we decided to pay their new Tustin location a visit.
Service was fast, we were seated promptly, and the atmosphere is pleasant and modern. The restaurant can be hard to find for a few friends of mine. We were waited by Eric every time, and he’s very friendly, energetic, and knowledgeable of the foods they serve. Food was so good, several of my friends I’ve introduced the restaurant to have now added it to one of their favorites in the area. Give this restaurant a try, and I hope you’ll be served by Eric.
After 14 visits (and a 40-person Wedding Rehearsal Dinner), the restaurant still scores highly with us, and has become a favorite for more than a dozen of our friends.
- Roti Canai
- Coconut Drink (an actual, fresh, young coconut)
- Wat Tan Hor noodles
- Hainan Chicken
- Char Kway Teow noodles (like Soy Sauce Chow Fun)
- Beef Rendang (meager portion though for a $15 dinner price)
- Daging Kecap Manis sweet/spicy beef
- Kankung in Belacan sauce
- Creme Brulee
- Satay appetizer
- Curry Puffs (like Empanadas)
- House Special Fried Rice
- Nasi Goreng fried rice
- Nasi Lemak
- Curry Fish Head
- Vegetable Delight in Curry
- Sambal Tumis with Shrimp
- Daging Merah (crispy beef)
- Mamak Mee Goreng noodles
- Whole Chili Fish (Deep Fried)
So far, food has always been served quickly and service been courteous and friendly. Thursdays are Happy Hour all day — drinks can be bought at the bar, and taken back to your table, if you so desire.
* Images by Belacan via their Yelp business listing